||[Dec. 14th, 2009|09:13 am]
these are the pages i have torn out.
2009: The Year in Questionnaire|
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
lived in dc, loved dc, went to new orleans, experienced sxsw, locked my keys in my car
2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
i don't think i made any. but this year i think i'll aim for losing wait and doing everything i can to get a great job after graduation. and loosening up a bit.
3. Where will you be to ring in New Year's 2008?
chicago. under unideal (inideal??) circumstances but surrounded by my favorite people.
4. Did anyone close to you give birth? not too close, but dustin and sofia! and i am already excited for the wertz-dina union.
5. What places did you visit?
charleston wv, nashville tn, washington dc, philadelphia pa, new orleans la, fredericksburg tx, san antonio tx, gadsden al
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
if i could nail down a real job before the end of 2010 that would be amazing.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
the night i lost my phone in dc - epic
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
getting my current job and loading up on responsibility. also, making it through fall semester. having a great relationship. forgiveness.
9. What was your biggest failure?
my 3 lost months of last spring. lack of forgiveness.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
bruised tailbone. too much typing. sinus/ear infection during finals.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
brown boots and dc rent!!
12. Best thing you made?
i wrote a pretty sweet paper about how to prevent the degradation of blood in museum/library collections.
13. Whose behavior merited celebration?
14. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
not answering this.
15. Where did most of your money go?
food, tuition, rent.
16. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
sxsw, eating, seeing josh and deborah in dc, new years in chicago
17. What songs will always remind you of 2009?
so far around the bend - the national (really all of dark was the night)
use somebody - kings of leon
18. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? much much happier
ii. thinner or fatter? probably about the same, but i'm sure another 2 weeks at home during the holidays will change that
19. What do you wish you'd done more of?
exercising, non-school activities, making new friends, calling my grandmothers
20. What do you wish you'd done less of?
worrying, freaking out over school
21. How will you be spending Christmas?
with my parents in tennessee
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
i did, actually. and allowing myself to do that was certainly my best decision of the year.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What were your favorite TV programs?
dexter, 30rock, top chef
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
girls, titus andronicus, wavves, holiday shores, dark was the night
28. What did you want and get?
a stronger love, a great summer.
29. What did you want and not get?
a good fall. new friends. NEW BIKE.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
probably up? away we go was pretty great too. still haven't seen fantastic mr. fox, where the wild things are, the hurt locker or a serious man.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
i turned 24. josh and i got breakfast tacos followed by new orleans snowballs. the previous night i had a potluck party at a friend's house. pretty tame but fun. swelteringly hot.
32. What would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
not being crippled by stress this fall.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
rediscovering clothing i already own. simple and old-fashioned.
34. What kept you sane?
35. What public figure did you fancy?
37. Who did you miss?
caitlin, deborah, ian, preston, highschoolfriends, parents, grandparents
38. Who was the best new person you met?
all of james' and claire's friends were pretty great
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
forgiveness isn't weakness. i can make it on my own.